Tuesday, January 24, 2012

De Wayne Jones Performance Suspension

When I bought the ATK 605, the suspension had the De Wayne Jones stickers and engraving on the forks and shock. The rear shock is needing some service so I thought I would investigate this person by taking it back to the same place as it was service previously. I made a call to De Wayne and knew I was going to be in for a treat as he gave me just a wee-bit of his background; Ohlins, mountain bike full-suspension development, Kenny Roberts, etc, etc, etc! Then he told me, "I work out of my house, 37 years now!"
OK, I will admit, I was instantly skeptical, yet still very curious. So a visit was a must!

I was shocked and impressed upon arrival! 37-years worth of HISTORY in this two-car garage! But De Wayne is not just living in history, he is still making it with 3-Road Race and 4-Dirt Championship victory's from this workspace for 2011!

I've always said it takes a little bit of the old school to make the new school faster.

Click the photo and pop up all the Flickr images of the garage-shop.

No comments: